The Boston Bruins, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC), Department of Children and Families (DCF), and Cradles to Crayons® are coming together with organizations in your community to collect new PJs for local children living in low income and homeless situations. Our 10th Annual Boston Bruins PJ Drive, presented by Freihofer’s and Roche Bros., kicks off February 1 and runs through March 15—aiming to collect 10,000 PJs and $10,000 to serve more than 11,000 children! We can’t wait to beat last year’s record, but we need your help! By donating to your local PJ Drive, you will directly supply new pajamas to the children who need them most. Click here to find a participating location near you.
PJ Drive Toolkit:
1. Six Steps to an Amazing PJ Drive!: a step by step guide to hosting a successful drive
2. PJ Drive Poster: promote your participation in this year’s collection
3. PJ Drive Editable Flyer: share the details of your drive with your local community
4. Collection Box Signage: use this to decorate your collection box or get creative and design your own!
5. Donor Recognition Cards: have donors write their names on these cards, then display them near your collection box to acknowledge and appreciate your donors
6. PJ Drive Drop Off Form: attach this completed form to every bag of PJs you deliver to Cradles to Crayons
Tracking your PJ Donations:
Please be sure to keep track of the total number of PJs and financial contributions you collect. Cradles to Crayons will be sending out a survey at the end of the drive (March 15th) to track all groups’ total numbers.
• PJ Drive collections should end on Wednesday, March 15th
• Final PJ totals are due Wednesday, March 22th
• Winners will be announced on Monday, March 27th
Who will collect the most PJs?
Boston Bruins prizes will be awarded to the organization that collects the most pairs of pajamas and/or financial contributions:
- 1st Place: Street Hockey Clinic with Bruins Alumnus
- 2nd Place: Special Appearance by Boston Bruins Mascot Blades
- 3rd Place: 200 Boston Bruins PJ Commemorative Hockey Pucks
Why are PJs are so critical for the families we serve?
These are stories collected from the social workers, teachers, and other social service partners
Cradles to Crayons works with to distribute essential items to kids in need across Massachusetts.
“I work with a family of four, one single mom and three kids seven, five, and four. They have been homeless almost all their life. I remember once their mother said ‘this is the first time in their life that they have pajamas and are supposed to change before bedtime, they are very excited about it…'”
–Roza Khorshidi, MFT Clinician
“Mario [age 11,] his mom and two brothers are living in an apartment that is not heated properly. The bedrooms are very cold at night, and as a result, the children are often sick. Mario and his brothers were also not sleeping well and would end up sleeping together in order to stay warm. Cradles to Crayons was able to provide the family with pajamas, warm clothing, bedding and blankets. This allowed Mom to save money and focus on finding a new, better heated apartment.”
–Amy Riley, MassSTART