Do you have anyone like that currently working with you? If so, ask if they are registered with Cradles to Crayons. If they are already registered, they can order items for your children. If they are not registered, direct them to this site. Registering is a simple, free process.
If you do not currently work with a registered partner, look at our list of social service partners for an organization that is near you.
- Make a donation of gently used kids’ goods
- Organize a drive to collect kids’ goods
- Host a fundraising event
- Volunteer at the Giving Factory
- Make a personal financial contribution
- Make a corporate financial contribution
- Donate excess or outdated inventory
- Spread the word. (Follow us on Facebook or Twitter)
Ideally, we would never have to dispose of a donated item. (That costs us time and money.) Please review the standards below to make sure that we can put your item to good use.
- Clothing: bottoms, tops, outerwear, pajamas, accessories, swimwear. Sizes newborn through adult medium. Pajamas, socks and underwear must be new.
- Shoes: sneakers, sandals, casual and dress shoes, winter boots. Please secure pairs with rubber bands.
- Books: board books, picture books, chapter books, Spanish language books. No religious or religious holiday books, please. No CDs/DVDs/VHS tapes.
- Arts and crafts: beads, clay and dough, craft kits, painting, coloring supplies/books, paper crafts, stamps. All supplies must be new and unused.
- School supplies: backpacks, notebooks/binders, calculators, rulers, scissors, writing instruments and coloring supplies. All supplies must be new and unused.
- Baby supplies: feeding, diapering, health and safety, toys, and bedding. All feeding and diapering supplies must be new and unused.
- Equipment: infant and toddler car seats, pack ‘n plays, swings, bouncy seats, safety gates, high chairs/booster seats, excersaucers, strollers. All equipment must be fewer than 5 years old (verify by inspecting manufacturer’s date), in perfect working order, with manufacturer’s instructions, and all hardware and attachments. Package hardware, batteries and attachments in a Ziplock bag and attach to equipment. Unfortunately, due to recent 2009 drop‐side crib recalls, we are no longer accepting cribs of any kind.
- Toys: action figures, scientific and educational toys, building sets/blocks/models, dolls, musical toys, pretend play/dress up, puzzles and games.Toys should be clean, and contain all pieces, instructions, and batteries (if required). We do not accept: stuffed animals, CDs/DVDs/VHS, computer games, violent toys, religious books/toys, or oversized plastic toys.
- Hygiene: soap, shampoo, deodorant, lotion, toothpaste & toothbrushes. All supplies must be new and unopened.
Please inspect the seat for expiration date before donating. By law, expired car seats cannot be used.
In all cases, we ask that you register at least two weeks in advance.
Volunteers at the Giving Factory should expect to be involved in a wide range of projects, depending on the ages of the members of the group and our particular needs at the time.
We also have several fun suggestions for activities you can do to help with your family and friends in your local community. If you are a member of a school, community, or faith-based group interested in hosting a local effort, please click here.