Cradles to Crayons offers families the opportunity to teach their children the values of service and philanthropy while volunteering together to help children and families in need.
As a way to further engage your children and family in the volunteer experience, please clean out your closets and bring your new or like-new children’s items to your visit! Click here for more information about our donation guidelines. Or, if you’d like to provide a week’s worth of outfits to a child in need, learn more about our Give Back with an Outfit Pack program.
If you are interested in volunteering with Cradles to Crayons, please contact please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kayla Furjanic at Kfurjanic@cradlestocrayons.org or (312)-967-0142.
There are many ways for student and community groups to partner with Cradles to Crayons. Groups help us work toward our mission of providing each child with the essentials they need to thrive- at home, at school and at play. We help students learn the importance of service and how they can play a role in supporting local children in-need.
If you are looking to bring your group to Cradles to Crayons to volunteer, here are a few notes regarding your visit:
- We require that you host a product collection prior to your visit. This is a rewarding way to engage students in our mission and model from start to finish.
- Adult to child (under 18) volunteer ratios as follows: bring 1 adult for every 3 elementary school students; bring 1 adult for every 5 middle school students; bring 1 adult for every 8 underclassmen (9th and 10th grades) and 1 adult for every 10 upperclassmen (11th and 12th grades).
For more information or to inquire about your group’s future volunteer shift, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kayla Furjanic at Kfurjanic@cradlestocrayons.org or (312)-967-0142.
Volunteering at the Cradles to Crayons Giving Factory warehouse provides an easy avenue for your employees to work together for a common cause.
Our volunteer opportunities can provide several of your employees with a meaningful, productive, and fun team-building experience.
For more information or to inquire about your company’s future volunteer shift, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kayla Furjanic at Kfurjanic@cradlestocrayons.org or (312)-967-0142.
The Giving Corps is a series of volunteer leadership positions for teens, college students, and adults interested in deepening their relationship with the Cradles to Crayons’ mission.
The Cradles to Crayons Giving Corps will enable us to increase our capacity and impact by serving as leaders trained to:
- Lead teams of volunteers in the Giving Factory
- Mobilize volunteers in their communities
- Spread the Cradles to Crayons mission and model
All Giving Corps members will have the opportunitity to participate in Giving Corps training, networking, and community building programs designed to increase their leadership skills and build a stronger sense of community and purpose for helping those in need.
The Cradles to Crayons Champion Program provides opportunities for adult volunteers to be advocates inside and outside the Giving Factory while impacting children in local communities.
- Leading volunteer teams in the Giving Factory
- Training in a donation processing station or warehouse maintainance task
- Developing and coordinating community drives
- Building awareness of Cradles to Crayons events and initiatives.
To learn more about the Champion Program, contact Jaron Newton, Operations and Engagement Manager, at email@example.com.
Teen Leadership Corps
If you are a student between the ages of 12 and 18 (or 6th to 12th grade) and are looking for a powerful way to help children in need, explore what our Teen Leadership Corps has to offer!
This unique program provides middle and high school students with the opportunity to serve as ambassadors for Cradles to Crayons, and develop their leadershiip skills in the areas of community organizing and volunteer service.
- Support staff in The Giving Factory during volunteer shifts
- Spread awareness about the C2C mission by hosting a product collection drive or fundraiser
- Participate in orientation and leadership development workshops
- Have an impact as a service leader and improve your desired skill set
To learn more about the Teen Leadership Corps, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kayla Furjanic at Kfurjanic@cradlestocrayons.org or (312)-967-0142
Cradles to Crayons College Corps leaders are passionate about making a difference in their communities. Working together with the C2C staff and other College Corps members from colleges and universities throughout the Greater Chicago area, interns will have the opportunity to:
- Lead volunteer groups and provide positive volunteer experiences
- Create fundraisers to support C2C programs
- Improve upon and implement new approaches to operational efficiency and organizational effectiveness
- Be powerful change leaders upon completion of the program
Are you looking for some other fun and exciting ways to support Cradles to Crayons? How about a birthday party, baby shower, anniversary party, or b’nei mitzvah or other milestone event?
Birthday Star: Looking for ways to instill the importance of service in your child? Does your child have more toys than he or she can imagine? Your party-goers can donate new or like-new clothing, books, toys, and other essential items in honor of your child’s birthday. Host a slumber party and ask invitees to bring new pajamas, or request that friends bring a new copy of their favorite childhood book! Upon dropping off the items, a staff member will provide a private tour of the Giving Factory for the birthday star and his or her family.
Baby Shower: Host a baby shower and have guests bring new baby essentials that will be donated to Cradles to Crayons. Guests can also make a financial contribution, in lieu of a gift. $30 dollars helps provide one baby with the essentials necessary to thrive! Join our efforts to provide our most vulnerable population with basic necessities!
B’nei Mitzvah: Students preparing to become Bar/Bat Mitzvah can honor his or her responsibility for Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) through service to children in their own community. You can invite guests to bring a special gift to donate to C2C or encourage them to make a financial contribution in lieu of giving a gift. $25 dollars helps provide one local child in need with a KidPack!
Other Ideas: Let your creativity be your guide! Cradles to Crayons staff are here to help you with anything you might need.
For any milestone related questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kayla Furjanic at Kfurjanic@cradlestocrayons.org or (312)-967-0142.
And check us out online:
Facebook: Cradles to Crayons Chicago