Click below to read more about the three primary ways that businesses engage with Cradles to Crayons:
- Support our work – Corporate funding represents more than 40% of Cradles to Crayons’ annual revenue. Learn about sponsoring our annual programs and signature events.
- Volunteer – Roll up your sleeves and work in our Giving Factory warehouse in West Conshohocken, PA.
- Collect products – Give back to the community without leaving the office. We’ll show you how to collect vitally-needed children’s items for kids in need.
Do you have another idea for how your company might support Cradles to Crayons in a different way? We are always looking for new and exciting partnerships with companies that will help us serve local children while meeting your business and employee engagement goals. Please email Molly Krause, Corporate Engagement Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other creative engagement options.
Support our work
With more than 40% of Cradles to Crayons’ annual revenue generated from corporate support, we are extremely appreciative of our corporate partners. Businesses support annual campaigns, such as Gear Up for Baby and Ready for School or seasonal programs, including Spring Greening and Gear Up for Winter. Sponsorships can include participation in our annual signature events, the Backpack-A-Thon™ and the Un-Gala, described below. Companies also donate funds to support and recognize their employees’ volunteer time or product collection efforts.
For more information, email Susan Hight, Development Director, at email@example.com.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
In partnership with the United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey, this is the signature event in Cradles to Crayons’ year-round efforts to help children succeed in school. Join us and help fill 30,000 backpacks with new school supplies for local children in need. Sponsorship opportunities with event participation at Lincoln Financial Field are limited. Email Susan Hight, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your team’s spots. For more information about our year-round Ready for School initiative, click here.
Saturday, December 3, 2016
This lively dress-down event offers families a perfect venue to join together and have fun while sorting and packing everyday essentials – warm coats, gloves, hats, scarves and more – to help thousands of children stay safe and warm during winter. The warehouse is extended with tents and transforms into a family fun venue, complete with activities, live entertainment, music, and a tasty lunch. Companies who sponsor Gear Up for Winter can bring employees or clients, together with their families, to play and volunteer at the Un-Gala. Save the date: Dec 3, 2016! For more information, contact Suzanne Allen-Weise, Manager of Family Philanthropy, at email@example.com.
Volunteering at the Cradles to Crayons warehouse offers an easy avenue for your employees to make a difference. Our volunteer opportunities can provide up to 100 employees with a meaningful, productive, and fun team-building experience.
Corporate volunteer days allow employees to work together sorting and processing donated children’s items. This may include cleaning and testing toys, inspecting clothing for rips and stains, sorting books by age categories, or matching up outfits for clothing packs. It’s high-energy, hands-on work that directly benefits vulnerable children in the six-county region.
Volunteer shifts & times available:
- Wednesday – Friday: 10:00am – 12:00pm and/or 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Most Tuesday evenings: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Some Saturdays: 10:00am – 12:00pm and/or 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Corporate Cares Day or VTO (Volunteer Time Off) – Looking to hold a company- or department-wide volunteer event? Our warehouse is the perfect place to put together an awesome team-building experience for you and your group!
For more information about the Corporate Clash or scheduling your volunteer day to help us meet the ongoing challenge of providing everyday essentials for children in need, contact Molly Krause, Corporate Engagement Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important volunteer information:
- Pre-arrival tips including parking, lunch, and what to wear.
- Parking map Note that parking space is very limited on peak days. We encourage all groups to carpool.
- Lunch Options If your group is staying for both morning and afternoon shifts, you can order for delivery to the warehouse.
Collect children’s product
Collecting new & gently-used children’s items for Cradles to Crayons is a great way for companies to give back to the community without ever leaving the office. You can host an employee-only (internal) collection, or list your business as a public drop-off site, building relationships and awareness within your neighborhood and community. A Cradles to Crayons staff member will lead you along the way and provide you with collection bins, promotional fliers and other materials.
For more information or to schedule your company’s collection, email Renée Nicolo, Manager of Community Engagement, at email@example.com.