About Teen Leadership Corps:
The Teen Leadership Corps (TLC) is an opportunity for students entering grades 9-12 to learn leadership skills through hands-on volunteer projects, and then put those skills into practice by engaging their communities in product collections and by raising awareness about the need for and work of Cradles to Crayons.
Program and Requirements:
Once selected, each member of the Teen Leadership Corps is required to:
- Attend 2 summer training sessions.
- Work 15 two-hour shifts* (a total of 30 hours) from August 2016 thru December 2016 at The Giving Factory, leading groups in hands-on volunteer projects such as sorting clothes, cleaning shoes, or filling orders for KidPacks – packages of everyday essential for children in need.
- Complete one product drive. This will be discussed during summer training.
- Lead a group of volunteers at our Backpack-A-Thon event to be held in early August (weekday date TBD).
- Lead a group of volunteers at our Un-Gala event on December 3, 2016.
Volunteer shifts available:
- Tuesdays from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesdays from 10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Thursdays from 10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Fridays from 10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturdays from 10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Following the application process, applicants should expect to receive a phone call from Beth Ryan, Cradles to Crayons’ Training and Volunteer Programs Coordinator, to schedule an in-person interview which should last approximately 30 minutes. Members will be selected based on their application and in-person interview. Spots for this program are limited.
Thank you to all of our applicants and congratulations to our TLC Class of 2016. We are looking forward to a great year!
Please check back next Spring for more information regarding applications for the Class of 2017.
Questions? Contact Beth Ryan at email@example.com or 215-853-6208.